The Vivo Y52S is a mid-range 5G smartphone which was silently launched in China in December 2020. The phone packs some really good specs but it also lacks in some sections. This might raise questions when it comes to some consumers who will wonder if it’s worth getting the Vivo Y52S 5G, after all, considering it costs just under $245.
Is It Worth Buying?
As I have said before, the Vivo Y52S 5G packs some really good specs in some sections and really lacks in some. First of all, let’s look at the positive side of the smartphone.
- 5G Connectivity – The Y52S offers 5G connectivity with bands 1,41 and 78 SA/NSA. With 5G connectivity, you can expect up to 100 times faster internet speeds compared to 4G, and considering its price range, this is a good deal.
- Full HD+ display – The Vivo Y52S sports a 1080p which measures over 6.5 inches. To add to that, the display offers a 90 Hz fresh rate with a waterdrop notch design which means you get smoother motion and a very smooth looking screen that’s easier on the eyes.
- Sufficient RAM – The phone comes in 2 variants, 6GB RAM and 8GB RAM. The 8 GB RAM variant would be the better option. The reason being your phone can multitask much easier without hanging.
- Fun Touch OS 10.5 – The launcher on the smartphone is smooth and comes with little bloatware. It also has a dark mode and is highly customizable. You can adjust things such as the face unlock animation, animation when the charger is plugged in and even a cool animation that plays when you receive a new notification. Just like on Vivo X50.
- Perfect Chipset – The Dimensity 720 SoC is perfect for gaming and offers perfect performance. However, the G90T is a much better chipset and is only beaten by the Dimensity 720 SoC due to the 7nm processing.
- 48 MP main camera – The Vivo Y52S sports a 48 MP main camera at the rear. The camera can easily shoot 4K videos and also really good for those who are into mobile photography.
- Huge battery – The 5000 mAh battery is huge enough to last you several days in moderate usage and probably a whole day when you’re a bit busy.
- 8MP Selfie Camera – For selfie lovers, the front camera on the Vivo Y52S might be disappointing. The phone comes with an 8 MP selfie camera placed at the top center of the display which isn’t much and to be honest, isn’t the best. A 16 MP camera would have been a better choice but the 8 MP still holds on well as it can still record 1080p videos.
- Rear camera setup – The phone sports a dual-camera setup. It has an amazing 48 MP and a 2 MP depth but lacks a macro camera or an ultrawide shooter which would have been useful.
- No FM Radio – Although the lack of FM Radio has become quite common in today’s smartphones, it wouldn’t hurt to have it. It can come in handy at some point.
- No MicroSD Slot – The phone doesn’t have a MicroSD slot and therefore you can expand your storage in any way. This means you’re stuck with 128 GB of storage for life.
Is the Vivo Y52S 5G worth it? The answer is Yes. A 6.58 Full HD+ is amazing especially when backed up with a 90 Hz refresh rate. The RAM is enough for multitasking and the 720 SoC chipset offers good performance. The 5000 mAh battery is also key for long working hours or when you’re not close to your charger. However, you just have to ignore the lack of a MicroSD slot and the low-quality front camera.
Vivo Y52S Specifications
|Device||Vivo Y52S 5G|
|Display Size||6.58 inches|
|Resolution||1080 x 2400|
|Refresh Rate||90 Hz|
|Chipset||MediaTek Dimensity 720 5G|
|RAM||6 GB/ 8 GB|
|Rear Camera||48 MP Main|
2 MP Depth
|Selfie Camera||8 MP|
|Other Features||5G, GPS, Dual Nano SIM, Proximity, |
3.5 mm headphone jack,